Dear Readers in Christ, "Draw near to GOD, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).

Friday 18 January 2013

Jan 19 - DELIVERED IN TROUBLE




         There are two ways in which the Lord delivers us: (i) He delivers us from trouble (ii) He delivers us in trouble. We can find both in Psalm 91. Verse 3 says, “Surely He shall deliver thee FROM the snare of the fowler.” In fact, all the verses from verse one to fourteen speak about the Lord delivering usfrom trouble or protecting us from trouble. But the 15th verse speaks about the Lord delivering us in trouble: “He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him IN trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.”

          What is the difference between God delivering us from trouble and God delivering us in trouble? When God allows a trouble or trial in our life, we must know that God wants to promote us and honour us – “I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.” Along with the deliverance, a spiritual promotion is also coming.

          Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were not delivered from the fire but in the fire. They were thrown into the fire and after they were thrown into the fire, God delivered them, and then “the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon” (Dan 3:30). God could have delivered Daniel from the den of lions. However, God permitted Daniel to be thrown into the den of lions and, in the den of lions, in the trouble, God protected him and delivered him. After he was delivered, the king greatly honoured Daniel and proclaimed that Daniel’s God was the true God Who was to be worshipped by all. Joseph was thrown into the pit and into prison but afterwards he was honoured and raised to be the the governor of Egypt. Mordecai was in deep trouble and all his people were to be executed by the king. However, God delivered him in that deep trouble and promoted him to be the prime minister of that great empire.

        Perhaps you are in deep trouble now. Be of good cheer; once you are found faithful to the truth, the Lord will deliver you and honour you.

– Taken from Morning Manna – Thoughts for Daily Devotion

A Song of faith - Don Moen


  
 
 Lord You seem so far away
 A million miles or more it feels today
 And though I haven't lost my faith
 I must confess right now
 That it's hard for me to pray
 But I don't know what to say
 And I don't know where to start 

 But as You give the grace
 With all that's in my heart
 


 I will sing I will praise
 Even in my darkest hour
 Through the sorrow and the pain
 I will sing I will praise
 Lift my hands to honor You
 Because Your Word is true
 I will sing
 
 Lord it's hard for me to see
 All the thoughts and plans You have for me
 But I will put my trust in You
 Knowing that You died to set me free
 But I don't know what to say
 And I don't know where to start
 But as You give grace
 With all that's in my heart
 

No comments:

Post a Comment