Dear Readers in Christ, "Draw near to GOD, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).

Monday 21 January 2013

Jan 22 - COME TO CHRIST

“Make thee an ark of gopher wood… pitch it within and without with pitch… and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof” (Gen 6:14-16).


          The ark is a type of Christ. Though it was made of wood (humanity), pitch (divinity) covered it inside and outside – making it waterproof. Jesus was all divine in His character and yet so human – having all the weaknesses and limitations of human flesh. By living on this earth in flesh and blood Jesus has shown to us that a sinless life, a victorious life is possible; He has shown us that we can live above the storms of life.

         Those who were inside the ark alone did not drown in the water. We cannot live this life on our own. We need to go to Christ. We need to abide in Him. We need to be kept by Him. “”Without Me you can do nothing,”" He says. Yes, without Him we’re bound to fail, we’re bound to fall. But if we are found in Him, “”hid with Christ in God,”" we shall be buoyant in life’s troubled waters and when He shall appear, we shall appear with Him in glory.

          The ark had one door. There is only one way to Christ. It is a narrow way – that is chosen only by few (Matt 7:14). If you go with the crowd, if you think you must please the world and worldlings, you cannot come to Christ. The way to Christ is called the highway of holiness, (Isa 35:8). To come to Christ you must, of a necessity, separate yourself from every form of sin and uncleanness.”
  
– Taken from Morning Manna – Thoughts for Daily Devotion

Shall we offer our life to him wholly on today itself??
All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you, oh Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaims
The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours

Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my heart, all of my praise
My heart and my hands are lifted to you


Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life

No comments:

Post a Comment