Dear Readers in Christ, "Draw near to GOD, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).

Sunday 3 February 2013

Feb 03 - BLESSED WEAKNESS

“He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (II Cor 12:9).


         What is this infirmity or weakness that St. Paul speaks about? Does it refer to some sickness or physical weakness? Or does it refer to some spiritual weakness? No, it cannot be either, because these things cannot glorify God. They cannot cause the power of God to rest upon anyone. What then is this weakness? When we consecrate ourselves to do only the will of God, by grace we receive a unique and blessed “weakness” – the weakness that makes us unable to do our own will; we have no strength at all to do our own will. We can call this a glorious weakness – because this weakness will take us from glory to glory. “He was crucified through weakness” (II Cor 13:4). This means Christ was weak to do His own will.

        Jesus said, “I can of Mine own self do nothing” (John 5: 30). Some are mighty to do their own will. Thank God, He has not called many mighty! See I Corinthians 1:26.

         When we consecrate ourselves and decide not to do our own will, then the grace of God will come with a divine strength on our “weak” body – for us to do the perfect will of God.

        Dear reader, do you have this blessed weakness which Jesus, St. Paul and many other saints had? If not, why don’t you consecrate yourself right now to do only the will of God for the rest of your life so that God’s strength may be made perfect in you, so that grace to do the will of God may be bestowed on you?

       “When I am weak, then am I strong.” This means that when we are weak to do our own will we are strong to do God’s will.
 
 – Taken from Morning Manna – Thoughts for Daily Devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment