Dear Readers in Christ, "Draw near to GOD, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).

Friday 5 April 2013

Apr 05 - “POUR OUT!”

“Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil” (II Kgs 4:2).

The widow was in deep distress and debt. She did not know that what she had in her house was enough to solve all her problems. To her, “a pot of oil” had not much worth. This is the state of many people of God today. We all have “a pot of oil” — the anointing of the Holy Spirit, but we do not realize its value.

We are indeed earthen vessels, but the Lord has kept in us a ‘treasure’ – ‘an all-surpassing power’ (II Cor 4:7 NIV). “His divine power (pot of oil) hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness” (II Pet 1:3).

The solution the man of God gave the widow is the same for us today – “Pour out.” You are the pot filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit. As you ‘pour out’ yourself in all kinds of good works and service by the power of the Holy Spirit, you will see all the empty vessels (lives) around you filled and satisfied; all your needs will be met too.

Child of God, draw out of the well of water that is in you and serve to the needy ones around you – ‘spend and be spent’ – and you’ll find your own life enriched and blessed beyond your expectation.

          “Shall I use these ransomed powers of mine
           For things that only minister to me?
           Lord, take my tongue, my hands, my feet, my heart,
           And let me live, and love, and give for Thee.”

– Taken from Morning Manna – Thoughts for Daily Devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment