Dear Readers in Christ, "Draw near to GOD, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).

Friday 28 June 2013

Jun 29 - TRUE CONVERSION


When Jesus entered the house of Zacchaeus, His disciples, instead of rejoicing, started murmuring. However, Zacchaeus was not deterred by their exemplary behavior, and he stood up to give his first testimony. His first testimony was a confession of his faults, and a dedication of himself to the Word of God. Zacchaeus stood and said unto the Lord, “Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken anything from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold” (Lk 19:8). The Word of God demands fourfold restoration (See Exodus 22: 1). Acting strictly according to the Word of God, he is now willing to restore fourfold all that he has stolen from God or man.

When a person is really converted and Jesus comes into his life, just as it happened in Zacchaeus’ life, his life will be radically changed and he will be willing to conform to every detail of the Word of God, whatever the cost may be. When Jesus comes into one’s life, one of the first things one does is to become faithful in money matters.

Along with St.Paul, Zacchaeus could boldly say: “What things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea, doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ” (Phil 3 :7,8).

Immediately after this short and sweet testimony, Jesus gives a testimony about Zacchaeus: “This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham” (Lk 19:9). Many children of God testify about themselves but Jesus may not have any testimony about them.

 – Taken from Morning Manna – Thoughts for Daily Devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment