Dear Readers in Christ, "Draw near to GOD, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).

Thursday 18 July 2013

July 18 - NEEDLESS FEAR

“Behold, Thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from Thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me” (Gen 4:14).


“From Thy face shall I be hid,” Cain moans. Nay, from Cain’s face God shall be hid. A sinner has no boldness to stand before God or to behold His glorious face.

“Every one that findeth me shall slay me.” In fact, around Cain, there were only his blood relations and no strangers. As such, one can hardly believe his statement. It was Cain’s own imagination that EVERY ONE who found him would slay him. A sinner is always haunted by unnecessary fear and panic.

When Cain became a murderer he started thinking that everyone in the world had become a murderer, just as wearing dark glasses gives one the impression that the whole world is dark. If we are filthy we will think every one is filthy, and the converse is equally true: if we think everyone is filthy, it means we are filthy.

Let us examine ourselves. Are we being driven by needless fear or worry? Do we often give in to negative thoughts and feelings? Then our heart needs to be set right. A heart that is not pure cannot see the goodness of the Lord or goodness in anyone else. We cannot trust the Lord and his love either.

– Taken from Morning Manna – Thoughts for Daily Devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment