Dear Readers in Christ, "Draw near to GOD, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Sep 04 - GUIDED WITH HIS EYE

“I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding; whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle” (Psa 32:8,9)
 

God can guide us in two ways. “I will guide you with My eyes” means “I will guide you with love.” God’s desire is to guide us, and lead us gently and in love. That’s how a shepherd leads his sheep. The Lord is our good shepherd. “My sheep hear My voice…and they follow Me,” He says (Jn 10:27). But if we will not be guided by His love, then the Lord will lead us with bits and bridles like a horse or donkey is led. If you are riding a donkey, to make it turn to the right, you have to whip it on the left side, the opposite side. Some people obey only when some sickness, accident or some other calamity comes their way. Then they cry, “Oh! I have gone wrong. I will obey God.”

The Lord says, “Be not like the horse or mule.” Let us not harden our hearts. The Lord told the Israelites that if they will ‘diligently hearken’ to His voice and give ear to His commandments He will not put diseases upon them (Exo 15:26). Isaiah says, “He wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned (disciple)” (Isa 50:4). Let us therefore diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord – like a disciple listens to his master. The Lord will not fail to guide us – lovingly, gently, tenderly.”
 
– Taken from Morning Manna – Thoughts for Daily Devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment