Dear Readers in Christ, "Draw near to GOD, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Oct 08 - WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

 “If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God Whom he hath not seen?” (I Jn 4:20).


There was once a very good believer sister named Grace. She had been a a Hindu but she accepted the Lord, took water baptism and received the Holy Spirit. She faithfully gave tithes and offerings. She was also zealous about the missionary work and she led a number of souls to Christ. She even dedicated her son for the ministry.

One day she was very sick and dying. Then in a vision she saw the city of Jerusalem, glorious and shining. She was very happy and she told the Lord, “Lord I want to come there right now. I leave all my children in Your care.” The Lord replied, “You are not coming to heaven; you are going to hell. The city of New Jerusalem I showed you is the place I prepared for you, but you became unfit and you are going to hell.” Grace was shocked. “But Lord, I’m Your child. How can I go to hell?” The Lord replied, “No, you are a child of hell.  You hate your elder sister and for a long time you have not spoken to her. Yes, you  are on the way to hell.” Grace was convicted of her hatred for her sister who was still a Hindu. She pleaded with the Lord, “Lord please don’t take me now. I realize my sin. I will forgive my sister and will get reconciled. Please give me a chance.”

Thank God, Grace did not die then. She sent for her sister and embraced her, and cried and asked for forgiveness. The Lord completely healed Grace. Her love and forgiveness touched her elder sister and she accepted the Lord as her Saviour.

Like Grace, you may have a hatred for your wife, husband, children, father, mother, or in-laws, and still think that, being a born-again Christian or a Pentecostal believer, you are going to heaven. Don’t deceive yourself. If you cannot love your brother, sister, husband or wife whom you see, how can you love God Whom you cannot see? Make sure your heart is transparent and you do not hate anyone – even someone who is dead and gone.

– Taken from Morning Manna – Thoughts for Daily Devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment